Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Description of the Collection 3 ¼" x 4" glass slides bound in either black or red tape used by the ARF for presentations. Some slides have commercial mounts reading "Bond Slide Co., Inc. Chicago" and "Chicago Slide Co., 6 E. Lake St. Chicago." Box 1 images bulk with graphs, technical charts, gauges, a telephone switchboard including images of people using or studying the equipment are included. The box top label in Box 2 read "(Slots) 1 - 19 Signal Corps School" and "Andres Paper - Signal Training" for slot 20. Slides with...
Description of the Collection Materials created by or collected by Beatrice Takeuchi related to her academic program at Institute of Design and her subsequent professional activities as a design educator and creating architectural renderings. Some of the materials were created by others - Takeuchi's fellow students at ID or students she taught at Art Institute of Chicago. While some materials are personal in nature (e.g. correspondence), all relate to ID activities and people. See detailed listing of collection materials in...
Content Description Papers of Benjamin de Brie Taylor, artist and educator, including correspondence, personal records, professional files, and artwork. Personal correspondence includes letters from family and friends as well as business exchanges. Extensive correspondence with mother Gertrude de Brie and sister Alix contain substantial biographical and family information. Correspondence with mother and father over the 1940s could provide interesting perspectives on war time and postwar Europe- some with sketches...
Description of the Collection Three personal letters from Wolfram G. Futterer to Bernard "Sunny" Weissman discussing Futterer's military service and acquaintances.
Description of the Collection Set of 180 DAT tapes, labeled as "Set 2", which are the digital surrogates made by Versation Corp. of the wire recordings made by David Boder of Holocaust survivors in 1937. Surrogates were made by Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting & Recorded Sound Division for Galvin Library for posting on the Voices of the Holocaust website. The original set of tapes is assumed to be held by Library of Congress. Also included are 22 CD-ROMs which contain the same audio content in different...
Description of the Collection Enrollment figures by term and academic program for day, evening and summer divisions of Lewis, Armour and IIT, 1926-1950. Includes Navy, Army and George Williams (Navy) figures for war years; for veterans, civilians and women post-WWII; off-campus extension programs. Apparently compiled by Statistical Service/Registrar's Office starting 1933, but with retrospective statistics back to 1926.
Description of the Collection The collection consists of booklets created as promotional and fund raising materials for distribution to businesses and entrepreneurs soliciting funds for the development of the new campus buildings and academic programs of Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. Beginning with a formal "program and plan" drawn up by the school's Board of Trustees, the booklets includes campus master plans, building designs, and projected costs which are revised in response to the United States' entry...
Description of the Collection Materials collected by John Blew that formerly belonged to George Danforth. The collection includes artifacts related to Danforth's time at the Illinois Institute of Technology's College of Architecture, as well as World War II identification tags.
Description of the Collection This collection consists of correspondence by Gilbert A. Force, Illinois Institute of Technology Business Manager, concerning the financial and accounting matters under the responsibility of the business office during post-World War II campus "rehabilitation" period, circa 1943-1947. The correspondence is with Harvey E. Anderson, Business Manager, Walter J. Parduhn, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, and R. J. Spaeth, Treasurer. The collection includes materials...
Description of the Collection Materials related to Henry T. Heald including manuscripts and a framed portrait. Manuscript material includes small amounts of biographical materials, correspondence, speeches, and correspondence as well as some other miscallenous items.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 6
- Heald, Henry T. (Henry Townley), 1904-1975 3
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 3
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology 2
- United States. Engineering, Science, and Management War Training 2
- Anderson, Harvey E. 1
- Armour College of Engineering 1
- Bass, Jack 1
- Bauhaus 1
- Boder, David P. (David Pablo), 1886-1961 1
- Camp Armour (Wis.) 1
- Centre Georges Pompidou 1
- Chicago School of Design 1
- Danforth, George 1
- DeKlyen, John C. 1
- Filipowska, Patricia, 1924-1993 1
- Force, Gilbert 1
- Futterer, Wolfram G. 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Design 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of the Registrar 1
- Kessler, William H. (William Henry), 1924-2002 1
- Kuh, Kathleen 1
- Leopoldville (Ship) 1
- Library of Congress. Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division 1
- Moholy-Nagy, Hattula, Ms. 1
- Moholy-Nagy, László, 1895-1946 1
- Navy V-12 Program (U.S.) 1
- New Bauhaus (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Parduhn, Walter J. 1
- Paul V. Galvin Library 1
- Roberts, Raymond J. 1
- Smith, Lewis A. 1
- Spaeth, Raymond J. 1
- Takeuchi, Beatrice, 1921-, Ms. 1
- Testa, Angelo 1
- Weissman, Bernard "Sonny" 1
- de Brie Taylor, Benjamin, 1923-2013 1