Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Scope and Contents The Building Reference Files collection consists of a mix of primary and secondary source material relating to the buildings and campuses of the Illinois Institute of Technology and its predecessor institutions. These files formerly served as "drop files" where archives staff collected clippings, ephemera, and photographs related to the buildings and campus, and as a result, many of the files consist wholly of secondary material (including photocopies and clippings from university publications)...
Description of the Collection Collection includes "File # 204" (probably refers to account number), which consists of financial documents relating to landscaping of "A.P.D. Building" (Architecture, Planning and Design, i.e., S. R. Crown Hall). Bulks with purchase requisitions and work orders. Also some bid and work correspondence, including memo signed by Alfred Caldwell.Other materials (probably not originally part of File #204) are photos of campus plans. Included are reproductions of drawings of Alfred S....
Description of the Collection Four associated informational brochures on topics related to campus revitalization activities ca. 2000, both physical and academic. Item listing includes: Renewing the Mies van der Rohe Campus, The IIT Challenge Campaign, Student Scholarship Support (includes Camras NEXT program), and Preparing Global Leaders of America (includes IPRO program).
Description of the Collection Publication titled IIT in the Landscape: 1999 Illinois Institute of Technology West Campus Landscape Master Plan. After Mies and Caldwell: A Report to the Mies Campus Committee. The Plan concerns IIT's main campus at 33rd and S. State Streets. "West campus" refers to the academic area on the west side of State St., as opposed to the residential area on the east side of the street. Fifty-one page document with drawings, photos, text, and tables. Contents as follows: Introduction; Large-Scale...
Description of the Collection Two color posters, (21 x 32") depicting early concept drawings of: 1) Lohan Master Plan with landscaping; 2) McCormick Tribune Campus Center.
Description of the Collection This collection created by Lohan Associates for IIT contains: 1) Main Campus Master Plan, being the proposal by Lohan Associates (Dirk Lohan, FAIA, President) for physical revitalization of Illinois Institute of Technology's main campus on the South Side of Chicago at 33rd and State Sts. This is the final draft, dated April 30, 1996, presented by IIT Pres. Lew Collens to the university's Board of Trustees. Proposal includes recommendations for renovations of Mies van der Rohe buildings,...
Description of the Collection Illinois Institute of Technology's McCormick Tribune Campus Center printed matter, including publications, brochures and promotional materials resulting from the planning, development and construction stages of the MTCC, also preliminary landscaping plans.
Description of the Collection Drawings (many oversize and mostly on vellum) of design development and construction phases of landscape designs by Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape Architecture, Inc. for the Federal Street Landscape Improvements project and the Galvin Pritzker Grove (including benches and fountain) on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago).
Description of the Collection Drawings (many oversize and mostly on vellum) of design development and construction phases of landscape designs by Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape Architecture, Inc. for the State Street Village (student housing) site on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago). 19 sheets; dated 2001 and 2003. Also, schematic design phase and construction document phase drawings for the Alumni Walkway pavers at the Galvin Pritzker Grove site. 5 sheets dated 2003. See itemized listing in series...
Description of the Collection Landscape drawings related to work done for two projects on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago) by Peter Lindsay Schaudt. Projects are: University Technology Park at IIT and IIT Research Institute [IITRI] Plaza. 9 pages; 30 x 42"; black lines on white paper.
- Subject: Landscape architecture X
- Filter By Name
- Lohan, Dirk 7
- Illinois Institute of Technology 6
- Schaudt, Peter Lindsay 6
- Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- Lohan Associates 2
- Paul V. Galvin Library 2
- State Street Village (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Alschuler, Alfred S. (Alfred Samuel), 1876-1940 1
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Flats (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Armour Mission (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Arthur Keating Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Bailey Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Baker, David 1
- Caldwell, Alfred, 1903-1998 1
- Carman Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Chapin Hall (South Federal Street : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Collens, Lewis M. 1
- Commons Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Wabash Avenue) 1
- Farr Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Gordon, Robert Philip 1
- Gunsaulus Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- IIT Research Institute 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Interprofessional Projects Program 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. National Commission for IIT 1
- Illinois Intsitute of Technology. Robert F. Carr Memorial Chapel 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- Life Sciences Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Dearborn Street) 1
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 1
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Mecca Apartments (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Schmidt, Garden and Erikson 1
- University Technology Park at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Wishnick Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1