Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Description of the Collection Several class and club photographs from the Armour Institute of Technology, including founding charter and photographs for the Illinois Delta chapter of Pi Tau Sigma fraternity a honorary mechanical engineering from 1924 and a group photo of the “Nebraska Club” from 1907. Class photos, some group photos and some a college of individual portraints from Spring 1909, 1910, and unidentified. Also includes some photos of Armour Institute buildings, Main Building, Machinery Hall, Student Union.
Description of the Collection One color postcard of with an image of the Amrour Institute,Main Building, Armour Mission and elevated railroad tracks with platform in the background. Markings on back: No. C307 Published by The Western News Company, Chicago, Ill/Leipzig-Berlin and Leipzig Berlin Dresden/Litho-Chrome/Trade Mark/Germany.
Description of the Collection One glass slide depicting a drawing or engraving of Armour Institute of Technology, Armour Mission, and Armour Flats at the corner of 33rd and Federal Streets. Aerial perspective view from the northeast. Image appears in an article about Armour Institute of Technology in "New England Magazine," May 1899 (or 1897?), p. 356.
Overview Photographic works by F. Peter Weil.
Description of the Collection Black and white photographs (3"x3") of Illinois Institute of Technology campus construction sites, including the removal of historical Bronzeville buildings on campus circa 1950-1959. The buildings under construction include Gunsaulus Hall, Carman Hall, Bailey Hall, Cunningham Hall, Fowler Hall, and the dorms which later came to be known as the McCormick Student Village. The buildings being razed include the Masser Hotel and Brown Hall. The collection also includes Student Independent 2:...
Description of the Collection This collection contains publications and ephemera realted to or featuring S.R. Crown Hall, including the following: Dedication ceremonies program booklet, April 30, 1956 (8 pages), Booklet titled Preliminary Staff Summary of Information (submitted to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks in October 1996 to designate S. R. Crown Hall as a local landmark), menu from the Wabash Railroad (which ran past the IIT campus) with image of Crown Hall on the front (ca. 1956), Historic Illinois, Vol. 24, No....
- Subject: Historic buildings X
- Filter By Name
- Armour Institute of Technology 2
- Armour Mission (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 2
- 860-880 Lake Shore Drive (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Flats (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Bailey Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Carman Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Fowler Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Gunsaulus Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 1
- Pearson, Lennart H. 1
- Rookery Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Siskind, Aaron 1
- Thomas R. Brown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Tribune Tower (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Weil, F. Peter 1
- Western News Company 1
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 1