Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Description of the Collection Items from the Department of Fire and Safety Engineering, including Safety Engineering Newsletter, 1958- 1960 and a brochure for Protection Engineering, c.1974
Description of the Collection Three reel-to-reel films identified as follows:
- "Fire Fighting ! #1," 16 mm 3½" d., color, silent, ca. 5 min., perforated number 725728931
- "Fire fighting # 2," 16 mm 3½" d., ca. 5 min., perforated number 725728931
- "Fire Fighting ?," 16 mm 3½" d., ca. 5 min., perforated number 725728931
Description of the Collection Six typed chronologies containing timelines of institutional histories of Armour Institute of Technology (1892 - 1940), Lewis Institute (1896-1940) and Illinois Institute of Technology (1940 - present). Each covers a different time range and each was apparently compiled from different sources, though much of the information is repeated and consistent from one chronology to the next. While many of the events concerning IIT and its predecessors and affiliates listed in these...
Description of the Collection Correspondence, memos and files of Joseph Finnegan, professor of Fire Protection Engineering and staff member of Underwriters' Laboratories.
Description of the Collection Miscellaneous materials found in IIT Archives. Their original creator/compiler is unknown and the materials may not all be from the same source. Some may be from the offices of Preseidents Heald and Rettaliata. Others materials appear to have come from the university's public relations office. Some folder titles were found on the folders and others were supplied or supplemented by the processor.
Description of the Collection Black and white photographs of Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) students on field trips to Ansul Chemical Corp. facilities in Marionette, Wis. and Underwriters Laboratories Inc. in Northbrook, Ill. circa 1955. The photos were taken by James A. McBeth who was in the FPE program. Per the donor, W. Ronald Johnson, a member of the 1955 graduating class, Ansul Chemical Corp. invited all senior FPE's to their test facilities for a week to fight simulated fires of all sorts. FPE students had a class...
- Subject: Fire protection engineering X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 2
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Finnegan, Joseph 1
- Force, Gilbert 1
- Fowler Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Johnson, W. Ronald 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- McBeth, James A. 1
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 1
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill 1
- United States. Engineering, Science, and Management War Training 1