Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents The Building Reference Files collection consists of a mix of primary and secondary source material relating to the buildings and campuses of the Illinois Institute of Technology and its predecessor institutions. These files formerly served as "drop files" where archives staff collected clippings, ephemera, and photographs related to the buildings and campus, and as a result, many of the files consist wholly of secondary material (including photocopies and clippings from university publications)...
Description of the Collection Handbooks of rules, regulations and other information for university housing and university apartments published by the Dean of Students. 8 editions from the 1960s and 1970s, mostly undated.
Description of the Collection Office files created by Illinois Institute of Technology Housing Office. Primarily concerning building maintenance.
Description of the Collection The papers in this collection cover James W. Vice's years as Dean of Students at Illinois Institute of Technology from 1975-1988. The correspondence reflects his various areas of responsibility, including student discipline, counseling, campus residential life, and student organizations. Also present are copies of letters of recommendation written by Vice in support of students he knew well. The collection also includes an autobiographical essay written by Vice in 2002 describing the start of...
Description of the Collection Materials related to McCormick Student Village (student residence halls complex) and Robert R. McCormick Lounge (dedicated in January, 1960). Materials include programs from the 1960 dedication of the Robert R. McCormick Lounge, brochures, photographs, and a 1989 Preliminary Report from the McCormick Village Planning Committee.
Description of the Collection Materials resulting from promotion and publicity of the McCormick Tribune Campus Center and State Street Village opening events. Includes materials produced and distributed by Illinois Institute of Technology as internal and mass mailing from project development and construction stages through opening events. Print media coverage and architectural reviews are included. Box 1 consists of manuscript material, box 2 of oversize materials, and box 3 of miscellaneous unprocessed material.
Description of the Collection Office files documenting construction of various buildings on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. Drawings are generally not included, but the materials frequently include specifications, bids, contracts, financial information, etc.
Description of the Collection Seven black and white photographs of Illinois Institute of Technology campus buildings taken by electrical engineering student Richard T. Smith in 1951.
Description of the Collection RFQs submitted to Mesirow Stein Real Estate, Inc. on behalf of Illinois Institute of Technology for development services of two new construction projects: faculty and staff apartments, ultimately known as Michigan Place (condominiums and townhouses located on Michigan Ave.), and student housing on State Street (later named State Street Village). Contracts were awarded to Shorebank Development Corporation and Optima, Inc. (jointly) for the apartments (David Hovie, architect) and to Murphy/Jahn...
Description of the Collection Materials related to On-Campus Housing with information about rooms, meal plans, residence halls, services, and room and board costs. Contains: 1) brochure for New Men's Residence and Dining Hall, 1959; Memo of available housing, 1953- 1954; booklet Univeristy Apartments; brochure for Residence Halls Farr Hall- Fowler Hall, 1948; brochure for Residence Halls, 1959; brochure for Residence Halls, n.d.; Booklet of Residence Halls, n.d. 2) Apartments: Blank apartment lease agreements; brochure for...
- Subject: Dormitories X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 5
- State Street Village (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- Bailey Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Carman Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Farr Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Illinois Intsitute of Technology. Robert F. Carr Memorial Chapel 2
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Paul V. Galvin Library 2
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- University Technology Park at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Wishnick Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Flats (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Armour Mission (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Arthur Keating Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Chapin Hall (South Federal Street : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Commons Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Wabash Avenue) 1
- Fowler Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Gunsaulus Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- IIT Research Institute 1
- IIT Technology Business Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Housing Office 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Facilities Management 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of the Dean of Students 1
- Jahn, Helmut, 1940- 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- Life Sciences Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Dearborn Street) 1
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 1
- Mecca Apartments (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Schmidt, Garden and Erikson 1
- Seigel Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Smith, Richard T. 1
- VanderCook College of Music 1
- Vice, James W. 1