Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Description of the Collection Materials related to "Bronzeville Design Symposium: The Impact of Design on Urban Communities," held at Illinois Institute of Technology October 29-30, 1999. Project was a joint activity of IIT, the College of Architecture, and Harvard Graduate School of Design.
Description of the Collection Oversize mounted posters used in connection with the campus redevelopment program at Illinois Institute of Technology in the 1990s. Lesser numbers of the posters deal with the development of the Bronzeville neighborhood on Chicago's South Side adjacent to the university's campus, and the university's downtown campus. Posters group into five series: I) Main Campus II) Landscaping III) McCormick Tribune Campus Center IV) Downtown Campus V) Chicago South Side Development
Description of the Collection Two class project reports done by students in the Department of City and Regional Planning at Illinois Institute of Technology, both dated May, 1975. One is "Beverly Shores, Indiana: A Planning Proposal" for graduate level class CRP 512, Prof. Erdmann Schmocker; 56 pages. The other is "A Planning Analysis of Joliet, Illinois" for classes CRP 310 and 314, Instructor C. Frederick Tolson; 50 pages.
Description of the Collection Aerial photographs and photographs of plans and models concerning the post-World War II planned redevelopment of Chicago's South Side. See item listing for description of specific images. Also included are a small number of copies of photographs from other sources.
Description of the Collection Four items documenting The Central South Area Plan to redevelop the Bronzeville neighborhood adjacent to the Illinois Institute of Technology campus: One-page flyer with explanation of the plan, printed brochure (fold-out) with map, text, and photographs. Map: "Chicago Central South Area" by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill Architects; no date. Printed plat map showing property lines with four areas penciled in red and marked as areas A, B, C, and D, respectively being 37 acres, 50 acres, 43...
Description of the Collection The papers of Willard Hotchkiss in his role as President of Armour Institute of Technology, Chicago, 1932-1937.
- Subject: Community development, Urban X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 3
- Chicago Land Clearance Commission 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 2
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Armour Research Foundation Administration Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Capital Associates 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Chicago-Kent College of Law 1
- Estes, Gerald A. 1
- Hedrich-Blessing (Firm) 1
- Hotchkiss, Willard E. (Willard Eugene), 1874-1956 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of City and Regional Planning 1
- Lewellyn Studio 1
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 1
- Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape Architecture, Inc. 1
- Schmocker, Erdmann, 1931- 1
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill 1
- Sonoc/Hutter/Lee, Ltd. 1
- Tolson, Frederick C. 1
- Williams & Meyer Co. 1