Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 26
Description of the Collection Four aerial views of campus and the surrounding area: 1) Black and white aerial view of campus and surrounding area, roughly Michigan Ave. to Canal St., 31st St. to Pershing. Dated 1951, image predates construction of Dan Ryan Expressway, and includes Wentworth Gardens, old Comiskey Park, the Mecca building, and original Armour Institute complex. A two square block area to the east of State St., later to be developed as McCormick Village (student housing complex) is outlined. ...
Description of the Collection Digitally reproduced degraded oversize historic images of Illinois Institute of Technology campus and neighborhood.
Description of the Collection Three 16mm silent reel-to-reel films on 3.5" diameter spools (ca. 5 minutes each), identified as follows: 1) Paper labels on spool: 1972-Color; Campus Buildings 2) Paper label on canister: Anscochrome (color) AND Conway [Conway may identify the filmographer.] 3) On box: Order 54912/ R. Luoma; Campus. Date stamp on box is July 1965 [Note: Ralph Luoma was IIT campus photographer ca. 1963.]
Overview This collection is unprocessed. If you would like to request that a detailed inventory of this collection be made available, please contact the IIT Archives.
Description of the Collection 16 mm film labled "Campus Winterscape," likely not the original label. Color, Color, silent, post-1956, 3" d., ca. 5 min., perforated number 0-726545614.
Description of the Collection Folders: 1. A sticker/decal with "Crystal Lake Campus" and a photograph of the bulding, n.d. 2. Crystal Lake Campus Schedules, 1970- 1975
Description of the Collection Collection consists mainly of with B&W photos of Armour Institute buildings. It also includes two photos groups of men.
Content Description This collection includes drawings, plans, blueprints, and other materials stored in the East Map Case. These materials are not all from the same source, nor are they a coherent collection by any factor other than that they are all stored together. See folder listings for an inventory of the items in this collection.
Description of the Collection The collection consists of booklets created as promotional and fund raising materials for distribution to businesses and entrepreneurs soliciting funds for the development of the new campus buildings and academic programs of Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. Beginning with a formal "program and plan" drawn up by the school's Board of Trustees, the booklets includes campus master plans, building designs, and projected costs which are revised in response to the United States' entry...
Description of the Collection Aerial photographs of IIT's main campus on South State Street and surrounding neighborhoods. Some photos include the Chicago Loop skyline or Lake Michigan horizon. Photos are in print (generally 8" x 10") format for earlier years and 35mm contact sheets (ca. 24 to 36 images per 8" x 10" sheet), slides, and some photocopies for later years. With few exceptions, these aerial survey photos were taken annually from 1940 until ca. 1968 (which represents the final build-out of the IIT campus) by...
- Subject: College campuses X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 13
- IIT Research Institute 3
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus 3
- Armour Institute of Technology 2
- Bronzeville (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Chicago-Kent College of Law 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Communications and Marketing 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Public Relations 2
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 2
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Alexander and Associates, Inc. 1
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Brandt & Associates 1
- Camras, Marvin 1
- Chicago Architecture Foundation 1
- Cobb, Henry Ives, Jr., 1883-1974 1
- Collens, Lewis M. 1
- Commons Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Wabash Avenue) 1
- Dawson, Mary 1
- Doblin, Jay 1
- Fitzgerald, Dan 1
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Historic Preservation Agency 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Design 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Mies van der Rohe Society 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Facilities Management 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Marketing and Communications 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of the Registrar 1
- Lewis Institute (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Lohan, Dirk 1
- MASS Ensemble 1
- Martin, Thomas Lyle 1
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Mittelbusher & Tourtelot 1
- National Center for Food Safety and Technology 1
- National Register of Historic Places 1
- Perkins & Will 1
- Rettaliata, John T., Dr. 1
- Shahidehpour, M., 1955- 1
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill 1
- Smith, C. V. 1
- Urban Land Institute 1