Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Description of the Collection Printed brochure published by Illinois Institute of Technology showing the "Campus Plan" (buildings and grounds design) done by architect Alfred S. Alschuler. The campus development proposal included buildings to be used by IIT and Armour Research Foundation.
Description of the Collection Minutes of the Illinois Institute of Technology's Board of Trustees' Buildings and Grounds Committee, 1943 - 1975. Dates (of volumes): 1943 - 1955; 1956 - 1960; 1961 - 1975. Dates (in box no. 1): 1948 - 1956; 1956 - 1960; 1961 - 1971.
Overview Folder 1: Ca. eighty page book with agenda and advance materials for the May 22, 2001 IIT Board of Trustees meeting. Includes minutes of Executive Committee and full board meetings held on 3/9/2001. Also various reports including the FY02 operating plan (dated May 2001). Folder 2: "IIT Confidential Trustee Listing" - various dates; summary lists only, indicating what fields of information changed. Folders 3: Board of Trustee annual rosters with photos and biographical information, 1977-2000.
Description of the Collection Two issues of Building Program News, September 23, 1954 and October 12, 1954.
Description of the Collection Bulks with 1960s specimen and cancelled bonds, some showing payment schedules, for dormitories and student union constructions. Also gymnasium document showing bid comparison figures. Real estate acreage schedule. Unidentified drawing (of parking lot?). State St. campus site plan (1949) showing buildings "pending demolition"; and one later date plan. Materials unrelated to State Street campus include cancelled note and trust deed on 7 parcels of land at 3130 - 3256 S. Michigan. Photostat copy...
Description of the Collection Celebrating 50 Years: S.R. Crown Hall, 1956-2006, is a CD containing a pdf of photographs and texts documenting the planning, construction, and uses of S.R. Crown Hall.
Description of the Collection 35 mm color and B&W slides of academic and campus development programs at Illinois Institute of Technology. Each title includes multiple slides. Titles were copied from the original containers.
Description of the Collection This collection consists of correspondence by Gilbert A. Force, Illinois Institute of Technology Business Manager, concerning the financial and accounting matters under the responsibility of the business office during post-World War II campus "rehabilitation" period, circa 1943-1947. The correspondence is with Harvey E. Anderson, Business Manager, Walter J. Parduhn, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, and R. J. Spaeth, Treasurer. The collection includes materials...
Description of the Collection Various printed materials from John Makielski, who served as Assistant to John Rettaliata and as Registrar. The materials relate to the development of the Illinois Institute of Technology campus including booklets, reprints, photographs, and campus plan images documenting concepts of an emerging campus.
Description of the Collection This collection includes a slide program consisting of 58 slides and accompanying text. The program is entitled The Development of Illinois Institute of Technology Since its Formation in 1940 by L. R. Wilcox. The program was produced in 1977 and revised in 1988. The slide images date ca. 1938-1977. It primarily concerns buildings and locations on campus, lesser information on Professor S. I. Hayakawa's preservation effort for the Grand Theater and jazz lectures, and faculty development under...
- Subject: College buildings--Planning X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 8
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees 3
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- Alschuler, Alfred S. (Alfred Samuel), 1876-1940 2
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 2
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Facilities Management 2
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 2
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Anderson, Harvey E. 1
- Arthur Keating Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Bronzeville (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Camp Armour (Wis.) 1
- Chapin Hall (South Federal Street : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Commons Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Wabash Avenue) 1
- Force, Gilbert 1
- Greenwald, Bennett 1
- Greenwald, Herbert S., 1915-1959 1
- Hayakawa, S. I. (Samuel Ichiyé), 1906-1992 1
- Heald, Henry T. (Henry Townley), 1904-1975 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Mies van der Rohe Society 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Institutional Advancement 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Public Relations 1
- Jahn, Helmut, 1940- 1
- Koolhaas, Rem 1
- Life Sciences Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Dearborn Street) 1
- Lohan, Dirk 1
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 1
- Makielski, John P. 1
- Navy V-12 Program (U.S.) 1
- Parduhn, Walter J. 1
- Paul V. Galvin Library 1
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation International Design Competition 1
- Robertson, Donna 1
- Schmidt, Garden and Erikson 1
- Seigel Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Spaeth, Raymond J. 1
- State Street Village (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Tracht, Melvin T. 1
- University Technology Park at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Wilcox, L. R. (Lee Roy), 1912- 1
- Wishnick Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Yancey, Jimmy, 1898-1951 1