Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Description of the Collection Three pages of blueprints (27 x 41") for the Navy Building (later, Alumni Memorial Hall) by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Holabird & Root. Drawings are identified as First Floor Framing, drawing S2; 2nd Floor Framing, S3; and Roof Framing Plan, S4. All are dated 5/17/1945 and are identified as revisions of commission number 7774.
Description of the Collection 76 photographs of architectural models, sketches, plans, drawings, etc. of the South State Street campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. An oversize folder holds 4 large images.
Description of the Collection Celebrating 50 Years: S.R. Crown Hall, 1956-2006, is a CD containing a pdf of photographs and texts documenting the planning, construction, and uses of S.R. Crown Hall.
Description of the Collection Printed copies of a weekly electronic report distributed by the IIT Facilities office showing a combined project list/status report for construction projects on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. Reports identify the in-house project manager, architect, contractor, and budget figures. Note that this collection does not include every weekly report. Reports were no longer distributed after June 11, 2007.
Description of the Collection Two 8" x 10" photographs. The first, in black and white, shows Collens at a sporting event holding a baseball, wearing a baseball cap, and posing with "Downtown Julie Brown" from MTV'S video jockey (MTV-VJ). The second, in color, shows Collens in an open field, hard hat in hand, standing next to a Komatsu crane/shovel.
Description of the Collection Photographs taken by John Stamets of the construction of the McCormick Tribune Campus Center, designed by Rem Koolhaas, on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. Images were taken approximately monthly over a period of almost two years 22 months (Dec. 2001 - Sept. 2003). Total collection will number approximately 1,248 (per John Stamets) 4x5" contact prints made from the original 4x5" film negatives. Ca. 10 - 15% of the total are in color. Images received in the IIT Archives...
Description of the Collection Illinois Institute of Technology's McCormick Tribune Campus Center printed matter, including publications, brochures and promotional materials resulting from the planning, development and construction stages of the MTCC, also preliminary landscaping plans.
Content Description Two material samples, one glass, and one Panelite.
Description of the Collection Office files documenting construction of various buildings on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. Drawings are generally not included, but the materials frequently include specifications, bids, contracts, financial information, etc.
Description of the Collection This collection consists of oversize presentation boards with images (concept designs, architects' drawings, blueprints) of various physical and architectural development projects on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology and surrounding Bronzeville area redevelopment executed as part of the university's long-range plans begun ca. 1998. Projects documented include the following: Mies Campus (reproductions of historic images), 1941 and later; "Reurbanization", 1998; Main Campus Master...
- Subject: College buildings--Design and construction X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 3
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Facilities Management 2
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 2
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Bailey Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Carman Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Collens, Lewis M. 1
- Gilbane Building Company 1
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- IIT Technology Business Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Campus Life 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of External Affairs 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Institutional Advancement 1
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Paul V. Galvin Library 1
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation International Design Competition 1
- Schaudt, Peter Lindsay 1
- Seigel Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Stamets, John 1
- University Technology Park at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Ill.) 1