Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Scope and Contents The Building Reference Files collection consists of a mix of primary and secondary source material relating to the buildings and campuses of the Illinois Institute of Technology and its predecessor institutions. These files formerly served as "drop files" where archives staff collected clippings, ephemera, and photographs related to the buildings and campus, and as a result, many of the files consist wholly of secondary material (including photocopies and clippings from university publications)...
Description of the Collection Materials produced by the Campus Architectural and Recognition Review Committee. Contains the following items:1) Agenda for meeting November 16, 2010 2) Minutes for meeting August 5, 2010 3) memo about bike racks, November 2010 4) letter from ASCE about permanant installment of the Concrete Canoe 5) Tower Signage plan, with architects rendering 6) Metra Station Signange Plan, with map 7) Architectural plans for State Street Village 8) Agenda for meeting August 5, 2010 9)...
Content Description This collection includes drawings, plans, blueprints, and other materials stored in the East Map Case. These materials are not all from the same source, nor are they a coherent collection by any factor other than that they are all stored together. See folder listings for an inventory of the items in this collection.
Description of the Collection Publication titled IIT in the Landscape: 1999 Illinois Institute of Technology West Campus Landscape Master Plan. After Mies and Caldwell: A Report to the Mies Campus Committee. The Plan concerns IIT's main campus at 33rd and S. State Streets. "West campus" refers to the academic area on the west side of State St., as opposed to the residential area on the east side of the street. Fifty-one page document with drawings, photos, text, and tables. Contents as follows: Introduction; Large-Scale...
Description of the Collection Main Campus Programming Study, being the document presented by Lohan Associates to Illinois Institute of Technology concerning reorganization of space allocation on the university's main campus. This draft copy is dated May 17, 1996; ca. 250 pages. Table of contents chapter headings: Executive summary; Recommended relocation plan; Existing conditions; Relocation strategy; Space forecast; Appendix.
Description of the Collection Two color posters, (21 x 32") depicting early concept drawings of: 1) Lohan Master Plan with landscaping; 2) McCormick Tribune Campus Center.
Description of the Collection Office files from Mies van der Rohe Society related to the Lohan Master Plan and related activities.
Description of the Collection Office files of the project known as the Lohan Master Plan, being the program initiated by Illinois Institute of Technology ca. 1993 to re-develop the physical campus. Collection includes working files and documents related to the National Commission on IIT, Mesirow/Stein request for proposal, the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation International Design Competition, the new Chicago Police Headquarters building located in Bronzeville, campus landscaping, and minor amounts of material on the McCormick...
Description of the Collection This collection created by Lohan Associates for IIT contains: 1) Main Campus Master Plan, being the proposal by Lohan Associates (Dirk Lohan, FAIA, President) for physical revitalization of Illinois Institute of Technology's main campus on the South Side of Chicago at 33rd and State Sts. This is the final draft, dated April 30, 1996, presented by IIT Pres. Lew Collens to the university's Board of Trustees. Proposal includes recommendations for renovations of Mies van der Rohe buildings,...
Description of the Collection Materials related to the activities of Stein & Co. and Mesirow/Stein in regard to the Lohan Master Plan activities, 1996-1997.
- See Re:Discovery record
- Subject: Architecture--Designs and plans X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 9
- Lohan, Dirk 8
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 4
- Lohan Associates 3
- Paul V. Galvin Library 3
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Chapin Hall (South Federal Street : Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Collens, Lewis M. 2
- Commons Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Wabash Avenue) 2
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. National Commission for IIT 2
- Life Sciences Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Dearborn Street) 2
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 2
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- State Street Village (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Wishnick Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Armour Flats (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Armour Mission (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Arthur Keating Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Bailey Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Baker, David 1
- Carman Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Chicago Transit Authority 1
- Cobb, Henry Ives, Jr., 1883-1974 1
- Farr Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Gunsaulus Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- IIT Research Institute 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology Tower (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Campus Architectural and Recognition Review Committee 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Mies van der Rohe Society 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of External Affairs 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Facilities Management 1
- Illinois Intsitute of Technology. Robert F. Carr Memorial Chapel 1
- Jahn, Helmut, 1940- 1
- Koolhaas, Rem 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- Lewis Institute (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Mecca Apartments (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 1
- Mittelbusher & Tourtelot 1
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation International Design Competition 1
- Robertson, Donna 1
- Rock, Michael 1
- Ryan, George H. 1
- Schaudt, Peter Lindsay 1
- Seigel Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill 1
- Thompson, James R., 1936- 1
- University Technology Park at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Ill.) 1