Skip to main content Skip to search results
Contact Us ✉

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15

Building Reference files, 1896-2013

 Collection
Identifier: 037.06.01
Scope and Contents The Building Reference Files collection consists of a mix of primary and secondary source material relating to the buildings and campuses of the Illinois Institute of Technology and its predecessor institutions. These files formerly served as "drop files" where archives staff collected clippings, ephemera, and photographs related to the buildings and campus, and as a result, many of the files consist wholly of secondary material (including photocopies and clippings from university publications)...

Campus and South Side Development posters, 1989-1999

 Collection
Identifier: 037.06.03
Description of the Collection Oversize mounted posters used in connection with the campus redevelopment program at Illinois Institute of Technology in the 1990s. Lesser numbers of the posters deal with the development of the Bronzeville neighborhood on Chicago's South Side adjacent to the university's campus, and the university's downtown campus. Posters group into five series: I) Main Campus II) Landscaping III) McCormick Tribune Campus Center IV) Downtown Campus V) Chicago South Side Development

IIT Update collection, 1989-1997

 Collection
Identifier: 040.01.06
Description of the Collection IIT Update was a periodical publication of "news and schedules of Illinois Institute of Technology suburban programs" offered at the Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus in Wheaton, IL, extension courses at Harper College, and televised courses over William F. Finkl Interactive Instructional Television Network (IIT/V). Register of issues as follows: Fall 1989 (3 copies), Winter and Spring 1990 (5 copies), Spring 1990 (1 full size photocopy), Summer and Fall 1990 (3 copies), Summer and Fall 1991 (2...

Mary Dawson papers, 1986-1989

 Collection
Identifier: 036.03.15
Description of the Collection The contents of this collection primarily concern media activities (press releases, press clippings) related to development of Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus in Wheaton (1986-1989), Moffett Campus (food safety) in Argo, IL (1988-1989), and the Cogeneration plant on Illinois Institute of Technology's main campus (1989). The collection also includes media kits, talking points, groundbreaking programs, photos and drawings. Also included are some FDA grant material regarding the Moffett Campus...

Midwest College of Engineering collection, 1985-1986

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 012.01.05
Overview In 1967 Dr. Alva C. Todd, a graduate of Illinois Institute of Technology, founded the Midwest College of Engineering (MCE) in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. In 1986, the Midwest College of Engineering merged with Illinois Institute of Technology, which led to the formation of IIT's west-suburban Rice Campus in Wheaton, Illinois. The Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus of Illinois Institute of Technology in Wheaton opened for classes in 1991.

Midwest College of Engineering publications, 1984-1988

 Collection
Identifier: 012.01.10
Description of the Collection Publications from the Midwest College of Engineering including: three copies of 1984-1987 catalogue, printed brochures on the College's programs and a 1985 faculty handbook. Also includes a 52-page soft cover book titled "Midwest College of Engineering: Twenty Years of Engineering Innovation" which contains a complete roster of faculty, staff, boards, and alumni through 1988 as well as biographical profiles of Alva C. Todd, Charles T. Alborn, Mary Todd-Brenner, John Williams, John D....

Midwest College of Engineering records, 1968-1983

 Collection
Identifier: 012.01.06
Overview In 1967 Dr. Alva C. Todd, a graduate of Illinois Institute of Technology, founded the Midwest College of Engineering (MCE) in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. In 1986, the Midwest College of Engineering merged with Illinois Institute of Technology, which led to the formation of IIT's west-suburban Rice Campus in Wheaton, Illinois. The Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus of Illinois Institute of Technology in Wheaton opened for classes in 1991.

Office of Communications and Marketing photographs, 1952-2002

 Collection
Identifier: 036.04.03
Description of the Collection Photographs and audiovisual materials created by or collected by the Illinois Institute of Technology Office of Communications and Marketing. See 2006.031/Series 2 for A-V materials.

Office of Public Relations records, 1955-1999

 Collection
Identifier: 036.03.04
Description of the Collection Office of Public Relations prior to 2000. See series level records for itemized box lists of contents, and specific dates. Collection bulks with binders of 35mm color slides, also includes manuscripts and A-V materials.