Showing Collections: 71 - 80 of 84
Description of the Collection Black and white snapshot type photograph of 11 members of the "Dirty Dozen," a group of 14 Mechanical Engineering students in the co-op program at Illinois Institute of Technology, all graduated in 1944. The photo is dated February 16, 1944. Members of the group include Bob Byerwalter, Dick Biedermann, Bruce McLaughlin, Bob Anderson, Bob Kidd, Bob Dawson, Bob Date, Roy LoPresti, Earl Long, Jack Hansen, Don Archer. Members of the "Dirty Dozen" who are not pictured in photo include Lyle Packard,...
Description of the Collection Materials related to Rollin Dix, professor of mechanical engineering at Illinois Institute of Technology. Dix joined the engineering faculty in 1964 and retired in 2004 as Chairman of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Department, and as Associate Dean for Academic Computing. This collection relates to his research and academic projects while on faculty at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Description of the Collection The collection includes two issues of SCANFAX. The September 2004 issue covers the March 2004 meeting of Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers, Chicago Section. It includes the text of the introduction to the reenactment of the March 21, 1894 meeting held at Armour Institute of Technology, which served as the program for the 2004 meeting. The 2006-07 Chicago Section Year in Review includes a report from the History Committee, written by George Thomas, which provides information on...
Description of the Collection Miscellaneous materials related the Sidney A. Guralnick Awards, given by the Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering.
Description of the Collection "Diffraction of Elastic Waves by a Parabolic Cylinder and Dynamic Stress Concentrations" by Stephen Arthur Thau, a thesis presented to the faculty of the graduate school of Cornell University for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Feb. 1966. 209 pages.
Description of the Collection Music CD, entitled The Beginning, containing 9 tracks: "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," "Good Ole' A Cappella," "Java Jive," "The Longest Time," "Prayer of the Children," "More Than Words," "Yesterday," "Mr. Sandman, and" "Bring It On Home." The CD insert contains photos of the students in the group and a list of "Special Thanks" that include the office of the president, office of student affairs, office of admissions, and office of student activities.
Description of the Collection Correspondence to and from Thomas L. Martin, Jr., in his role as president of Illinois Institute of Technology. Includes a 1991 (post-presidency) vita and biographical sketch of Martin.
Description of the Collection Four folders contain the texts of sixty-nine oral reports, speeches, addresses, and press conferences made by Thomas L. Martin, Jr. as president and president emeritus of IIT to IIT committees, deans, trustees, faculty, students, alumni, boards, professional and civic organizations, and the press. Organized chronologically with a title page for each speech with specific details about the occasion.
Description of the Collection Three titles authored by students and submitted as a thesis or dissertation in pursuit of an academic degree. Each work is signed by the student's advisor, but the students did not receive the degree for which the monograph was written. Note that the Huslig work was submitted to Midwest College of Engineering in the year that the school merged with Illinois Institute of Technology. Abdel-Monem Bekhit, New...
Description of the Collection Copies of Vectors, the department newsletter of the Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering apparently published one a year, beginning in 1997. Incomplete set, list of volumes and featured people below. Vol. 6, 2002 Jamal Yagoobi; Herek L. Clark; John S. Kallend; Michael Gosz; Kevin Philip Meade; Philip G. Nash; Hassan M. Nagib; Amy Lee Segami; Dietmar Rempfer; Sheldon Mostovoy; Victor Aronov;...
- Subject: Engineering X
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 23
- Armour Institute of Technology 9
- Armour College of Engineering 7
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering 7
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering 4
- Camp Armour (Wis.) 3
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering 3
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Civil Engineering 3
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering 3
- Guralnick, Sidney A. 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Education and Experience in Engineering (E3) 2
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Chicago Section 2
- Linden, Henry Robert, 1922- 2
- Martin, Thomas Lyle 2
- Penn, John 2
- Thomas, George 2
- United States. Engineering, Science, and Management War Training 2
- Wasan, D. T. 2
- Argonne National Laboratory 1
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Bekhit, Abdel-Monem 1
- Bey, Lois A. 1
- Biedermann, Richard, Mr. 1
- Bretz, Harold, Mr. 1
- Bureau, William H. 1
- Cavanagh, O. A. 1
- Chicago (Ill.). Department of Public Works 1
- DePaola, Natasha 1
- Dix, Rollin, Professor 1
- E-Majors 1
- Finnegan, Joseph 1
- Force, Gilbert 1
- Fowler Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Graham, Lois, 1925-2013 1
- Heald, Henry T. (Henry Townley), 1904-1975 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Computation Center 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. IIT Online 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Manufacturing/Industrial Programs 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Co-operative Education 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. School of Applied Technology 1
- Jakob, Max, 1879-1955 1
- Johnson, W. Ronald 1
- Jones, Scott 1
- Koch, Leonard J., Mr. 1
- LaRue, Mervin W., Jr. 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- McBeth, James A. 1
- Midwest College of Engineering 1
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 1
- Peebles, James C. 1
- Petrovic, Joseph 1
- Phillips, A. E. (Andy Eugene), 1879-1940 1
- Pierce, Charles Warner 1
- Rettaliata, John T., Dr. 1
- Rushton, John Henry 1
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill 1
- Tau Beta Pi 1
- Thau, Stephen Arthur 1
- Thunder, Ivan D. 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- Uth, Charles 1
- Wernick, Miles N., 1962- 1
- Yang, Yongyi 1
- Youngquist, C. Harry 1